Sunday, September 28, 2014

Letter received September 26, 2014

Familia!
New transfer, new companion, same wonderful area! :)  I am excited to be here in C-Ville for another 6 weeks.  My companion, as you read in my email, is Elder Jerman from Mesa, Arizona.  This is his 3rd transfer so he just got done training.  He's a great missionary and fun to be with.  We've been working hard around here lately with 20+ lessons a week and lots of great service.  This last weekend we were able to bale hay out at the Risch's which was super fun.  We rode our bikes out to their house which is a 10 mile ride through the hilly countryside and we made it in 52 minutes.  Great ride :)  The Krammes family has been doing good lately!  We were able to show Sister Krammes how to use familysearch.org so she can start doing her genealogy for temple work.  Brooke Krammes, the youngest daughter, made the best decision ever...she chose Alto Sax for band.  I was so excited when I found out.  I've been able to teach her a couple of times as she starts to learn it.  She also let me play it and it took me a little bit but I played the Alma Mater from memory :)  Felt so great.  I missed the sax!  The weather is really starting to cool down now which is awesome because I get to break out my sweaters.  I love sweaters.  Looks like it could be another intense winter.  Elder Jerman and I went fishing on p-day.  Didn't have too much luck but it was a good time.  That'll be our p-day activity.  So I was studying in the book of Enos today.  I love the example Enos sets and his story in general.  Enos was granted a remission of his sins because of his faith in Christ.  Because of that same faith the Lord promised to grant Enos his desires.  That is the faith that I am striving to strengthen.  I know that the Lord has a plan for me and that He will provide but I also know that it's by faith that I need to live so that I may see that glorious plan come to pass.  I love the song "Be Still My Soul."  It speaks to me...as a lot of music does.  Well I'm going to get this in the mail.  I love you!  Hope all is well!  :)
Much love,
Elder Conner Gunnoe

No comments:

Post a Comment