Monday, June 29, 2015

Email received June 29, 2015

Well here's my departing testimony to the mission... Elders and Sisters of the greatest Ohio Cincinnati Mission,
What a wonderful opportunity it has been to serve among the most valiant souls the Lord has to offer for these last two years. I am eternally grateful for the influence of all those that I've been privileged to serve with and around as we've all labored in this sacred part of the Lord's vineyard. I have grown immensely and my Savior Jesus Christ has truly been able to change me through the enabling power of the infinite Atonement. Although I have not been anywhere near perfect and have made mistakes along the way I know that we are to learn from the past and continue to press onward in the cause of Christ. I know that my Heavenly Father lives and loves me, that He sent His Son, Jesus Christ, so that I would have a way to become the man He sent me to become and to be able to overcome my weaknesses and imperfections. I know that Joseph Smith is Their prophet, that he was given the sacred duty to restore Christ's true church and the priesthood authority back to this earth, never to be taken away again. I know that Thomas S. Monson is the true living prophet today and that if we follow his counsel with exactness we will never go astray. These have been the best two years of my life and I look forward to making these next two years the best years of my life as well, because through the Doctrine of Christ we should always be learning, growing and progressing and having the best years of our lives. I love you all and I pray for your continued success. I share my sacred testimony with you in the name of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen.

Time definitely has flown on by! We are doing fantastic here in the Western Hills ward.  We have a wedding/baptism this coming week for Jamie and her family :) It will be a wonderful way to celebrate the 4th of July!! It's been a rainy week and it has cooled down a lot which makes life wonderful. I cannot believe how fast time is flying. This has been an absolutely amazing two years. I can't believe it's almost over. I am excited to serve the Lord for this last little bit and then to continue to serve Him as I return home. I am excited Sister Porter Junior and I are working on arranging our departing transfer musical number :) So we're going to go work on that and then this week is going to fly by! I love you all so much and I will see you soon :)

Elder Gunnoe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment